1. #1 Caught Running From Cops 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Chevrolet
    Model
    Impala SS
    Here is my story i have court next week for something that happened over the summer. i was driving down the street and i was passing a cop doing about 35 or 36 in a 30. the cop past me going the other way and i seen him brake a little bit so i came to the stop sign and stopped and turn the corner and nailed it out of his sight. i then drove down a hill to a 3 way intersection and stopped and waited for a car to go and then i went( he said i stopped illegally at the intersection and he wasn't even behind me) . the cop isn't behind me and dont see him. So i then drive down a hill (still no sight of cop) and get to another stop sign and turn right, and my car burnt out a little and left some smoke so he knew witch way i went. I'm flying down the road he still not behind me and an old lady in a Cadillac gets in front of me and i cant get around.So i slow down and he comes up behind me flying no lights on or nothing. So i drive a little further down the road and he follows me. Then im bout to make a right and he pulls me over. He comes to the car and ask me why i was running, i told him i wasn't and didn't know what he was talking about.so he takes my license and registration and calls another car i don't know why. So he takes about 20 minutes comes back to my car with 2 tickets. 1 Saying speed no prudent ( for when i was passing him going 5 or 6 over and never radar ed me) and the other for not obeying emergency vehicle (him) i pled not guilty to the tickets.Is there any way i can beat this. i think i can because he didn't radar me and he didn't have his lights on so i didn't know he was trying to pull me over?? give me some feed back on this

GM / Nissan Tech CF Senior Member YourcarFTL's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Nissan
    Model
    S13
    cliff notes please
    N/A is the expensive way to go slow
    Quote Originally Posted by cycocase View Post
    lowly knuckle-dragging POS Mustang

LS1 Lover! CF Senior Member trackx07's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Chevrolet
    Model
    Camaro Z28
    honestly all you can really do is tell them what happened. If he didn't have his lights on then he has no excuse for writing you a ticket for not obeying a emergency vehicle. As for the speeding if he didn't radar you you could try to use that as an arguement, but if it's only 5-6 over i wouldn't really worry about it much.
    1998 Camaro Z28: bolt-ons/stalled (344whp 341wtq)-SOLD
    2003 Trailblazer LS 4X4-new DD

Quote Originally Posted by mb90nash
    why does everybody argue w/ 1200? i just don't understand the logic
    Quote Originally Posted by YourcarFTL
    who doesn't love gladiator ducks.

CF BMW consultant CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Honda
    Model
    Accord
    shoulda just pulled over dude. 5mph speeding ticket is like, 20 bucks...or maybe a day in driving school.

actually i heard they cant write you a ticket for 5 mph over because the guns are only accurate to 5mph.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. BBQ
    Man do I love giant penises.
    Hey guys, check out my new forum:
    http://www.worldofrally.com

Pinko Commie Ricer CF Moderator blah's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    minivan coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 99hondaaccord
    shoulda just pulled over dude. 5mph speeding ticket is like, 20 bucks...or maybe a day in driving school.

actually i heard they cant write you a ticket for 5 mph over because the guns are only accurate to 5mph.
    but he can say he saw tire smoke and that the cop had to break the limit by a good deal to catch up

shoulda stopped, no sane judge would have made you pay for 5 over. the cop, he tapped his brakes before you freaked out, right? he was testing you, never react to that
    In life you have to do a lot of things you don't ****ing want to do. Many times, that's what the **** life is... one vile ****ing task after another. But don't get aggravated.... then the enemy has you by the short-hairs.

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Chevrolet
    Model
    Impala SS
    Quote Originally Posted by blah
    but he can say he saw tire smoke and that the cop had to break the limit by a good deal to catch up

shoulda stopped, no sane judge would have made you pay for 5 over. the cop, he tapped his brakes before you freaked out, right? he was testing you, never react to that
    he didnt see me when i ran. he wasnt behind me the whole time until he pulled me over. Im going to see what happens i have court the 12th

Big Papa Irish CF Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Dodge
    Model
    Charger R/T Daytona
    a couple months ago I raced my friend up a hill and my friend turned quickly and sped off the other way and so I go down the hill and make a u-turn. I then see a cop flying down the hill and he looks at me and starts slowing down to make a U-turn, so I floored it and got home, he never iniated his lights. I never got caught haha!
    Smoke' em -v- (smo'k-em) 1.The act of placing large amounts of rubber into the pavement and or asphalt, usually by means of ground ripping torque. 2. A gross and gratuitus display of power, with the intent of intimidating imports.

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Chevrolet
    Model
    Impala SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Crush
    a couple months ago I raced my friend up a hill and my friend turned quickly and sped off the other way and so I go down the hill and make a u-turn. I then see a cop flying down the hill and he looks at me and starts slowing down to make a U-turn, so I floored it and got home, he never iniated his lights. I never got caught haha!
    i've gotten away before but not this time. i dont condone running from the cops but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do

Pinko Commie Ricer CF Moderator blah's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    minivan coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by yosfynest11190
    i've gotten away before but not this time. i dont condone running from the cops but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do
    and other times, you have to face the consequenses

Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Trans Am WS.6 Hurst
    if you are running from the cops in Regina, Sk, Canada, its city policy not to pursue a vehicle if it runs a stoplight or stopsign...

... its placing the public at risk and you are let go, no matter what the violation.
    [email protected] 60 ft, 26x11.5x17 M/T DRs
    9" Moser, Spohn suspension, LS7 clutch, Tick Performance Stage 2 T56, SLP lid and stainless LT open headers.
    COMMING SOON
    LS7 swap
    Cam,ported heads, forged pistons, and giggle juice