1. #1 Window Marker Stains! 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Honda
    Model
    Civic EX
    I bought this car from some jackass in STL the other day. I don't know if any of you are from the midwest but if you are you know how hot and humid it's been (heat advisories for the past few days).

Anyway, said jackass decided to window marker the ballsack out of the car with his phone number in an effort to cover up the huge shatter in the windshield. After we bought it we decided to wash it off and some of the residue washed down the hood. I've had experience with washing the window marker off the windows many times and thought nothing of it possibly staining. Well I decided to try to wash the residue off today and guess what happened?

The stains are very very faint, I've tried straight water and Windex... what else can I do?

Optimus Prime CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Dodge
    Model
    Avenger/ES
    Back where I used to detail we would get auction cars with window marker all over them and we would use a FOAMY glass cleaner, not like windex but maybe like Invisbile Glass... and a Razor blade very very carefully. If that doesn't work try an adhesive remover... very gentely cause it could scratch depending on the cloth... I had some tar stuck on my window that wouldn't come off with any glass cleaner I tried so I used adhesive remove and it came off with ease. Then you just gotta go back over it again with a regualr glass cleaner to remove the smears

deltaolds
    nail polish remover, clear. it takes off permanent marker without damaging paint, but you wanna try on a hard to see area to make sure your paint will stand up to it.

Optimus Prime CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Dodge
    Model
    Avenger/ES
    If you're talking about on the actual hood and not the window than don't use a razor lol but you could try prep or Adhesive remover... if those don't work fubbing alcohol should... then you would just have to make sure you were carefull about it and buff back up when you were done

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Honda
    Model
    Civic EX
    Yeah it's literally on the hood. I got it off of the windows fine, just some stains on the hood. I guess tomorrow I'll try some adhesive remover and let you guys know what happened. Thanks!