Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Best Guitarists of the 2000s

  1. #1 Best Guitarists of the 2000s 
    ಠ_ಠ CF Moderator MooCowMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    26,469
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2009
    Make
    Acura
    Model
    zomgspamz
    We know of Guitar Legends such as Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, Kirk Hammit, and Slash

    But what are some Guitar greats of this time.. Future legends

    A few i think are quite good

    - Thomas Erak [Fall of Troy]
    - Claudio Sanchez [Coheed and Cambria]
    - Synyster Gates [Avenged Sevenfold]
    - Eric Groysman [Psychoactive]
    - Omar Rodriguez-Lopez [The Mars Volta]

    what do you guys think?
    Moo.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Car Fanatic CF Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    311
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    1994
    Make
    Mitsubishi
    Model
    3000gt vr-4
    none of them compare to the two dudes from dragonforce. Don't know there names, but pick up the 2 dragonforce cd's and you'll understand.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Pinko Commie Ricer CF Moderator blah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    54,235
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2008
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    minivan coupe
    buckethead

    /thread
    In life you have to do a lot of things you don't ****ing want to do. Many times, that's what the **** life is... one vile ****ing task after another. But don't get aggravated.... then the enemy has you by the short-hairs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Pontiac Fiero Enthusiast CF Moderator Ravant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    18,414
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    1985
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Fiero 2m4
    I know he didn't debut in the 2000's, but at the rate he continually writes audio masterpieces, he counts for this thread, IMO.

    John Petrucci.
    /Thread
    1985 Pontiac Fiero 2m4
    There was a list of mods/future mods here, but the list kept changing/updating too rapidly to keep up in a sig. So... screw it.

    Atlas Autos - An Auto Review Blog




    R.I.P. Angelo Sachak Guidone, Nov. 19th 2007 - Nov. 19th 2007
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Sir LS1 CF Senior Member Mat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Top End Dragway
    Posts
    7,443
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2002
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Trans Am WS.6 Hurst
    Quote Originally Posted by AJlovesMitsubishi
    none of them compare to the two dudes from dragonforce. Don't know there names, but pick up the 2 dragonforce cd's and you'll understand.
    hell, just watch the Video of THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES on youtube and thats all it takes


    i nominate myself for greatest guitarist of the 2000s, just cause im a dick like that. fun fact, im cureently working on that Dragonforce song. f***in hard.
    [email protected] 60 ft, 26x11.5x17 M/T DRs
    9" Moser, Spohn suspension, LS7 clutch, Tick Performance Stage 2 T56, SLP lid and stainless LT open headers.
    COMMING SOON
    LS7 swap
    Cam,ported heads, forged pistons, and giggle juice
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    ಠ_ಠ CF Moderator MooCowMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    26,469
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2009
    Make
    Acura
    Model
    zomgspamz
    Quote Originally Posted by AJlovesMitsubishi
    none of them compare to the two dudes from dragonforce. Don't know there names, but pick up the 2 dragonforce cd's and you'll understand.
    Those guys tower over the 2 guitarists from Dragonforce.. i have one of their CD's and yes they are good, but not that good.. they're just really fast, but they also use a lot of effects which makes things sound better then they actually are

    Listen to any song on the Mars Volta's cd Amputechture, he makes even the simplist sounding riff's complicated, Speed and Skill are 2 very different things that are often confused..

    I doubt you've even heard of Psychoactive because its a pretty underground band. Eric Groysman is an insanely good guitarist and he's only 19 or 20! I have of CD of psychoactive just doing some improv. and its one of the most amazing things i have ever heard.

    and Rav, I completely agree with you, he's amazing.

    why /Thread?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Pontiac Fiero Enthusiast CF Moderator Ravant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    18,414
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    1985
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Fiero 2m4
    Quote Originally Posted by moocowman
    Those guys tower over the 2 guitarists from Dragonforce.. i have one of their CD's and yes they are good, but not that good.. they're just really fast, but they also use a lot of effects which makes things sound better then they actually are

    Listen to any song on the Mars Volta's cd Amputechture, he makes even the simplist sounding riff's complicated, Speed and Skill are 2 very different things that are often confused..

    I doubt you've even heard of Psychoactive because its a pretty underground band. Eric Groysman is an insanely good guitarist and he's only 19 or 20! I have of CD of psychoactive just doing some improv. and its one of the most amazing things i have ever heard.

    and Rav, I completely agree with you, he's amazing.

    why /Thread?
    Because Petrucci is. There's no amazing, no anything. He is the alpha and omega of guitar. xD To be honest, yeah - he's fast, but it's not the speed that really puts him over the top. It's the way he portrays feelings and the like through his guitar. With his kind of articulation on each note, and the way he makes sure every bit of what he's playing reaches a listener's ear just zings his ability right home. And the way he and Jordan Rudess compliment eachother back and forth through the likes of the Octavarium album just really show what he's truly capable of.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    ಠ_ಠ CF Moderator MooCowMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    26,469
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2009
    Make
    Acura
    Model
    zomgspamz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravant
    Because Petrucci is. There's no amazing, no anything. He is the alpha and omega of guitar. xD
    but I said Best GuitaristS not best Guitarist
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    ಠ_ಠ CF Moderator MooCowMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    26,469
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2009
    Make
    Acura
    Model
    zomgspamz
    his fingers are like snakes!!.. I love watching people who know their guitar like the back of their hand, play.. its hypnotizing
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    ///Nerdcore Supporting Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    12,513
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    2000
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 4x4
    This thread sucks without video....
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 Guitarists ever
    By Dylan in forum Culture and Media
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 08:28 PM
  2. In the age of new era guitarists, out comes a diamond
    By Dylan in forum Culture and Media
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-27-2002, 10:36 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts