Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This Section.....READ BEFORE POSTING!

1. #1 This Section.....READ BEFORE POSTING! 
    Mayor of CF
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Mazda
    Model
    RX-7
    OK.....

Before we get started, let me just say that I do OPENLY encourage Cycocase and others to express their views. I love a good debate, when it is a healthy, clean debate. The debates as of a late have no been "debates" they have been arguments. These threads help the board big time as a traffic builder and encourage people to express their views.

HOWEVER, as a result of this thread:

http://www.carforums.net/showthread.php?t=35395

And the way it turned out, I'm issuing some new rules for the Import vs. Domestic forum.

First and foremost, NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS! I can't stress this enough. Any posts containing personal attacks from now on will be deleted or edited.

Anyone who says racial slurs, will be banned. Regardless of context.

And lastly, unless you have something factual to post in a thread, I don't want to see one line posts with "imports suck" or "domestics are for losers" type of comments. It is a waste of our bandwidth and just unnecessary / childish.

Of course we still welcome your opinions, that is what this forum is here for after all. However, there will be a lot stricter guidelines in the future for how far off topic and how far we will allow arguments to go.

Instead of locking this sticky, I'm leaving it open for suggestions on how we can improve the import vs. domestic forum and make things run a little smoother. All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

///Nerdcore Supporting Member Xero's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 4x4
    Make sure1200HP68mustang dosen't post?

I AM THE LAW CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Econoline
    Xero - not cool.

Hey Mike, I told you that thread would get out of hand. Imagine what it would have been like if you let it go on for about 6 more months.

Also, I would like to add that posts made in the Mod Only forum should not be quoted in the general forum. I'm not sure what a suitable punishment for doing so would be, but it should not be allowed.

Cyco
    Stick to the facts, keep the personal attacks out, state your opinion, and make a point. Posts just meant to flame other members will be deleted. Posts that do not make a point will be deleted.

Mayor of CF
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Mazda
    Model
    RX-7
    Definitely not.

I don't want to see anyone do that again.

But seriously guys, let's hear some suggestions. We will "make the rules" so to speak as we discuss the topic in this thread.

Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Econoline
    I've been through this before Mike, several times. It is difficult for anyone (not just me) to make a statement about this heavily debated subject without adding a few personal "observations" regarding the previous poster. It's going to be very difficult to police. It will also be difficult to discern between a personal attack and a friendly jab. We cannot water this down into a PG forum - the views expressed by many on both sides are way too heated to be as effective as the poster intended.

I recommend concentrating on cars for the debates. Instead of calling the previous poster an expletive, you call the car an expletive. That would alleviate the focus on specific individuals and would set the stage for some real debates. What do you think?

Cyco

///Nerdcore Supporting Member Xero's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 4x4
    Rule 1 No diverting from topic. Post credable information with proof...an internet article, ect....back up what you type.

rule 2 Argue the topic not the person. if you dont have a good topic or discussion Don't post...and the topics will be regulated

rule 3 set me up as a mod and I will regulate this forum all day long! duh duh duhhhh. lol

"The Old Man" CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Other
    Model
    Multiple Vehicles
    Good idea Mike. I'm tired of stating an opinion and then getting "Your opinion doesn't matter" or "F*ck you". And then somehow being blamed for retaliating. Best just to end it before it starts.

Not to say I've come out smelling like a rose, because I haven't.

Though I'd really like to see an actual intelligent debate where NOTHING had to be insulted. Just favorites.

Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Econoline
    Though I'd really like to see an actual intelligent debate where NOTHING had to be insulted. Just favorites.
    How about starting us off then.

"The Old Man" CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Other
    Model
    Multiple Vehicles
    I did.

"What's your favorite, and why?"

AK-47
    Quote Originally Posted by xero
    Make sure1200HP68mustang dosen't post?
    LOL . Dude you crack me up.

I recommend we put a mod that doesn't attack our members in charge of I vs. D instead of cyco. Let's be honest he'll never change. Put him in charge of the Ford section or something where he can give advice to people who wanna mod their mustang or whatever. That'll honestly be more helpful than attacking "the kids with the backwards hats who drive imports"