Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Why do Camrys get so much Flack from car enthusiests??

Car Fanatic CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Sunfire
    I was actually referring to stock Toyota's, anything can be made fast with enough time and money. The vast majority of Toyota fwd's suck performance wise, especially stock. Toyota is trying to use its reputation to sell boring cars. Why did they make the new fun car shared with Subaru a Scion ? I also hear gas powered toaster mAKE pop tarts in seconds, haha

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie GatorDude's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    Highlander
    1. If you've ever tried to make it back and forth to work everyday in a 20 year old sports car with the window stuck 3 inches down because the window regulators are no longer made, then you'll appreciate a Camry when you have one.

2. The Camry isn't all that exciting. But, the idiots who aren't driving a Camry can certainly make one exciting. For example, yesterday, a guy in a jacked up Dodge Ram spun out and ended up pointed in my direction on I-285 during the middle of rush hour. My Camry handled the required emergency lane change just fine.

3. My Toyota is faster than 75% of the BMWs on the road today. Why? Because I'm not talking on my cell phone or sending a text message when the light turns green. Of course, it's not as fast as our old Chevy Cavalier. Mostly because you can drive like a bat out of hell when your car is paid off and worthless.
    URL Removed for unauthorized advertisement.