1. #1 bringing the beast back 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie jdirk79's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Oldsmobile
    Model
    cutlass ciera s v6 3.1sfi
    First I will give the back history of how this whole thing started.

--Bought a cutlass ciera back in 2001 had it till it got stolen in 2010. These cars are beasts!!
    --So I bought another from a lady out in the country.It belonged to her dad ex marine. Car really taken care of.
    --Car was five bills. 92779 orginal miles. Interior good, exterior good, basically not much was in dreadful shape.
    --lady did worst possible thing you can do to a car. Let it sit for three years.
    --Then i buy it. Took three days to get it to turn over and run in park anyway.

--What needed replacing to resurrect it. Two injectors were not spraying, replaced. Plenum gasket, replaced. Alternator shot, replaced. Plug wire were dry rotted, replaced. Fuel pump not engaging, replaced. Fuel pump relay no good, replaced. EGR valve broken, replaced. Broken right exhaust manifold, replaced. Idle air control valve shot, replaced. Spark plugs were no bueno, replaced. Fuel pressure regulator would return two drops lol of fuel back to the tank, replaced. Schraeder valve on fuel rail leaked, replaced.

--what was checked or still good. Coils and Icm they sit on, Throtle body position sensor, Mass Air Flow, Oil pressure switch, Knock sensor, O2 sensor on right manifold, battery, Several relays in the relay rail at left bottom corner facing the car....

--ok now three days have passed car is running we drive it 25 miles or so to my home. I did all the work myself cleaned it up in and out somewhat took down all the wasp nests it had so I would not get stung anymore.

--This is everything that has happened previous to this point in time. The car is running pretty good. So now I am tackling the last issue it has. Oh wait for it wait for it yes did you say the ac does not work. NO. Well I will. The a/c does not work.

-- I need to know if the this 94 cutlass ciera v6 3.1 sfi has a hi and lo pressure cutt off switch/switches and where they are located. I have looked and I cannot find them. They are not mounted on the compressor. The only thing I have seen on the compressor is a relief valve in case you over fill it and the control valve inside of it which can be made out by looking at the back of the compressor. I know they can sometimes be located in a really inconspicuous location. Ok hope to hear back soon

Jdirk

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie jdirk79's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Oldsmobile
    Model
    cutlass ciera s v6 3.1sfi
    please not everyone all at once................:/

Jdirk79

Uh-Oh Oreo Supporting Member Shpuker's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Other
    Model
    My Feet
    lol I no rite? Sounds like a blast of a car though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I'm too big of a pussy to comprehend things.
    Quote Originally Posted by MooCowMan View Post

I'm Abe Lincoln and I like to ride around on a pink giraffe that can whistle the Indiana Jones theme song and while wearing a tie. Yes. A tie.

Car Fanatic CF Senior Member Thenderson2011's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    Supra NA-T
    If I had any clue about it I would definitely help.

It sounds like it'll be a pretty bad car though. What are your plans for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    Holy hell, for that price, that damn thing better ****ing send my ass into orbit!
    Quote Originally Posted by NerdCore
    Your Kia Rio also has the power of a quail...

Analog Kid CF Senior Member That weird kid's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Ford
    Model
    Mustang GT
    Try joining an Oldsmobile-specific forum, I'm sure there are plenty more guys there that would be able to help you with your problem.

Car Fanatic CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Pontiac
    Model
    Sunfire
    http://www.v6z24.com/ this site deals specifically with j-bodies but they know tons about the 3.1 engine