Reply to Thread

Thread: Weak stock alternator on Isuzu Rodeos?

1. #1 Weak stock alternator on Isuzu Rodeos? 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Fiat
    Model
    Spider
    Hi All,

I'm new here, 97 Isuzu Rodeo, when it gets cold out I need to be careful with running too many accessories the alternator just can't handle it. For instance if I have on the rear defog, wipers, heater and headlights, the alternator only seems to charge at 8-some volts! My mechanic checked the alternator and says it checks out, but I suspect his meter may not put the load on the alternator that all my accessories do.

Summer, not a problem, when the weather is warm the AC and headlights don't cut the charge too much. Battery is new.

So, does anyone know an easy fix for this, short of replacing the alternator or my current method, which is to not use too many accessories at one time?

Thanks.

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Other
    Model
    None I only picked 2009 so I could register I own no vehicle whatsoever
    I am Jason from, born in and live in North United States of America

I recommend getting the battery charged if it is low, I recommend washing the car with hot (but not to hot) water to melt off snow, ice etc., if you wish to use heater keep a window slightly open and run the heater for about only 7 minutes until fairly warm then roll up the window and turn off the heater I do recommend.

I also recommend using headlights only when needed.

Glad to help you out-

Jason