Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Bentley
    Model
    Turbo R
    this saab was not built for off road no saabs are

Pilot CF Senior Member
    you'll have to define the meaning of being designed to go offroad, as this is much more of a truck based SUV than many others in the market. This thing probably won't be driven off-road by most of the people buying them, so its need for significant off-road capability is a non-issue. The problem being observed here was with ON-road use.
    <><

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Saab
    Model
    97X
    update on saab 97x. ive had the suv for about 2 months. there was a problem with the engine showing cold and being hard to start. originally we thought it was an engine temp sensor as the guage would read cold and not warm up. it ended up being the Inlet air temp sensor which is housed in the mass flow intake. works fine now. there is one other problem that is irritating. when accelerating there is a whistle from somewhere on the vehicle. doesn't have to be hard acceleration it is just there. anyway i took the saab on a good run from northern Alberta to southern British Columbia on a sledding holiday. lots of highway driving and mountain passes. truck worked awesome in both worlds. tons of power and cruized at 80-90 mph easilyon twined highways. even in the mountains the truck never had to shift gears. i was impressed myself as i expected the fully loaded suv to shift with only a 4sp. so far i would recommend the truck to others.

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Saab
    Model
    97X
    [QUOTE=2006saab97x]update on saab 97x. ive had the suv for about 2 months. there was a problem with the engine showing cold and being hard to start. originally we thought it was an engine temp sensor as the guage would read cold and not warm up. it ended up being the Inlet air temp sensor which is housed in the mass flow intake. works fine now. there is one other problem that is irritating. when accelerating there is a whistle from somewhere on the vehicle. doesn't have to be hard acceleration it is just there. anyway i took the saab on a good run from northern Alberta to southern British Columbia on a sledding holiday. lots of highway driving and mountain passes. truck worked awesome in both worlds. tons of power and cruized at 80-90 mph easilyon twined highways. even in the mountains the truck never had to shift gears. i was impressed myself as i expected the fully loaded suv to shift with only a 4sp. so far i would recommend the truck to others.

5. #15 wow u suck 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Cadillac
    Model
    ctc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Clemens
    With less than a 1000 miles on this Swiss/G.M Piece of Crap it will more than likely slide off the road in the snow and thats where I will leave it !!!!!! It has a hard time pulling up into a driveway with snow on the ground and don't turn the steering wheel right or left as the SUV goes where it wants on very light snow covered roadways... It's like trying to run on ice in street shoes....
    i would think that if u were the entusiast u claim to be in your name and u were buying a new saab you would atleast know that they were designed in sweeden not switzerland! ur either really lame (and retarded) or don't even own one! either way you suck! big time.

Mayor of CF
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Mazda
    Model
    RX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by hate_enthusiast
    i would think that if u were the entusiast u claim to be in your name and u were buying a new saab you would atleast know that they were designed in sweeden not switzerland! ur either really lame (and retarded) or don't even own one! either way you suck! big time.

Nice first post....
    Keep your flaming comments off my site.