Reply to Thread

Thread: Software/websites for car maintenance reminders?

1. #1 Software/websites for car maintenance reminders? 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Acura
    Model
    RSX-S
    How do you keep track of scheduled maintenance for your cars? I've been looking around for good solutions (specifically, software/websites) to track maintenance for my 2005 Acura RSX-S, and I found several apps out there (some free), but they all seemed kinda half-baked.

Since I'm a software engineer, it occurred to me that I could probably put together a nice web-based car maintenance reminder service that would put the others to shame. I'm envisioning a site where you add your vehicle, set up some recurring maintenance tasks (or just accept the defaults like oil change every 3K miles), and then get email/SMS reminders when maintenance is due. Maybe also a feature for tracking gas mileage.

If I were to build something like this, who here would be interested? Would you be willing to pay a small monthly subscription to use the service (say, $5-10/month)? Are there any "killer" features you can think of that would definitely make it worth your time/money?

Thanks for any feedback. I *think* something like could be a success, but before I invest any time, I wanted to get some honest opinions from real car enthusiasts like you.

My other car is a Chocobo CF Senior Member RadeuX's Avatar
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Nissan
    Model
    Sentra SE-R Spec V
    Almost every kind of software on the scale of a smartphone app has already been done. There is an app called Car Minder Plus in the iPhone app store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/car-m...310809791?mt=8

3. #3 New Online Tool 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Toyota
    Model
    Corolla
    Your post has been edited. If this is your first post and you are attempting to post a link to pictures of your car, please be aware that you need 5 posts before you can post a link on the forums due to heavy SPAM problems. If you posted unauthorized advertising, please contact CF-Mike via private message for advertising rates and terms. Further unauthorized advertising will result in the removal of your access to this site. This is your warning. -the staff of CarForums.net **Forum members please refrain from replying to this message.