1. #1 1995 Oldsmobile 88 Royale starting issues.. Please read 
    Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Oldsmobile
    Model
    88 Royale
    It was showing symptoms of a fuel pump which was replaced 2 years ago it would even cut off on me sometimes during a drive so i got it replaced but the main problem kept occurring it sometimes would not start straight up after i drove somewhere chilled for a few. Thing is it will always start everyday for sure no matter what but only after i drive somewhere making runs then turn it off and chill for a few rather its for 30 mins or a hour i can go get in the car turn the key and it wont start as if it was a fuel pump issue. Well i just got another fuel pump replaced thinking maybe i had a bad one put in but it still did the same thing my mechanic checked the fuel pump pressure and everything and its reading fine but the problem still persist. Called auto zone explained the problem they said it definitely sounds like the ignition module i had a extra one in the back that i put on but it still did the same thing but it may have been bad too so thats like me last resort im getting one 2morrow to see if that may be the reason but other than that if you have any helpful information or know anyone who has had the same problem please feel free to let me know thank you!

Olds wanted dead or alive CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Oldsmobile
    Model
    Cutlass S
    Autozone has a machine to check the ignition control module have them test your old before you buy on just to make sure that is the problem.

Number one rule when working on cars is test parts before replace them. To make sure your replacing the right one.

It could very well be the ignition control module.

Car Enthusiast CF Senior Member
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Chevrolet
    Model
    Nova
    Turn the key on,fuel pump should make a buzzing noise for a couple seconds.If not,the fuel pump is junk.Go underneath the car and tap,not hit the gas tank near the fuel pump and have someone crank on it while you do this.Was the replacement fuel pump an Airtex?If yes,Airtex are the worst fuel pumps out there with tons of failures.Another mistake is not change the fuel filter and this is 90% of fuel pump failures,a plugged up fuel filter.Plugged up fuel filter puts a strain on the fuel pump and kills it.Plus it avoids the warranty on the fuel pump if a new fuel filter is not installed.

Car Enthusiast CF Newbie
    Vehicle Profile:
    Year
    Make
    Oldsmobile
    Model
    Cutlass Ciera
    I had a fuel pump issue in my Oldsmobile aswell. And some engine problems, maybe they're just not built right?