PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix will not start sometimes

sickgp
12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, everybody my 94 Grand Prix has seen better days.
Here is the problem with my car, when I turn the key i will hear a click sound coming rom the starter, sometimes times it will start but most of the time it will not not start. So, i will keep turning the key untill it finally starts, but most of the time the battery will start going weak about 20-30 clicks my battery starts going weak. When the battery starts going weak the clicks will slowly fade away untill all hope of starting the car disapears. Then I recharged my battery and put the battery back in my car the clicks from the starter can be heard again.

Here are the facts:
1. starter is good I had it tested
2. battery has been tested and is good(and the terminals are tight).and will try a more powerful battery soon.
3. altenator is good I had it tested

here is what i know:
1. has nothing to do with the fuel system
2. has nothing to do with the spark plugs getting the spark
3. has everything to do with whats between the battery and the starter

any advice from the garage gods?

golden chicken
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
check your fuses. i had a 92 grand prix that would blow the AC fuse and then would not start.

clueless
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I had the same problem with my grandprix a while back. After checking everything out and couldnt find anything wrong I located cleaned and tightened every ground and power wire locations i could find inthe engine compartment. Problem seems to have went away. Hope this helps.