PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm Going Off....WHILE DRIVING

Mario777
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok so recently my damn stock alarm on my WRX has been going off while I am driving!!! It has done it like 5 times now and I mean like I am driving down the street going like 55mph and my car alarm will go off. If I come to a stop the ****ing think wont go, oviously because my alarm is going off. It's a pain...luckily if I just push the disarm button on my remote key chain it will turn off but WTF?!?

Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong or what I should do.

I would take it in to Subaru, but they think that I am a hypocondriac because of course everytime my car does something stupid it wont do it when I take it in for them to look at.

CF-Mike
10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Yea this is getting really annoying.....we definitely need to figure this out, so you can take that thing to the dealership and trade it in for something new. This car has definitely had better days.

Mario777
10-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah but I don't get it...it's not like it's a old POS it is a 2002!!! Come on someone smart tell me what's wrong with my damn car...Somebody please save Mario!!!

stevev1
10-16-2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah but I don't get it...it's not like it's a old POS it is a 2002!!! Come on someone smart tell me what's wrong with my damn car...Somebody please save Mario!!!

Here's an idea. I had an Audi 4000s that used to be going along nicely when suddenly the fasten seatbelt light would come on and the engine would shut off. At any speed. Turned out to be too many keys had buggered the ignition switch, hit a bump and the car would slip out of the on position. I'm guessing that the alarm has some hook up to the ignition ? Maybe the car thinks you started it with a screwdriver ! Worth a look anyway.

Mario777
10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Here's an idea. I had an Audi 4000s that used to be going along nicely when suddenly the fasten seatbelt light would come on and the engine would shut off. At any speed. Turned out to be too many keys had buggered the ignition switch, hit a bump and the car would slip out of the on position. I'm guessing that the alarm has some hook up to the ignition ? Maybe the car thinks you started it with a screwdriver ! Worth a look anyway.

Wow that might really be my problem I now have a shit load of keys on my key chain like 10 + my heavy ass door remote so I will try to lighten the load and see if that fixes the problem. THANKS!!!!

stevev1
10-17-2005, 02:44 AM
I had to change the lock barrel to make the fix stick, the little gear or gate that held the ignition on was worn out. Good luck !

Mario777
11-05-2005, 09:53 PM
:bump: My car did this AGAIN today after I did everything that has been suggested so far. Anyone else have any ideas because I already you what Subaru will say.

Flat4 STI
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Try this,You never know

open the door and hold the unlock button until it beeps,This should put it into Valet mode.

Then close the door

Then repeat the above process again to get it back out of Valet mode.
open the door and hold the unlock button until it beeps

Maybe it will reset the whole system.

Mario777
11-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Good idea I'll give it a try, thanks

CF-Mike
11-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Definitely something we'll have to try, thanks for the advice.

Mario777
11-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Try this,You never know

open the door and hold the unlock button until it beeps,This should put it into Valet mode.

Then close the door

Then repeat the above process again to get it back out of Valet mode.
open the door and hold the unlock button until it beeps

Maybe it will reset the whole system.

Thank you X 1,000,000 I just did that and we will cross our fingers that it works. THANKS AGAIN!:bowdown: :woot:

Flat4 STI
11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Im not sure if you know but i am 2K4 STI on Flat4. :D

Mario777
11-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Hopefully that will solve your problem.

Im not sure if you know but i am 2K4 STI on Flat4. :D

I may be blonde at heart but I'm not dumb. LOL I caught on from your license plate. :bluewink:

Flat4 STI
11-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Ok just makin sure :bowdown:

Flat4 STI
11-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Hows the alarm thing going?Still good i hope :rockon: :rockon: