PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dennis goes crazy....

LotusGT1
10-24-2002, 03:32 AM
Ron Dennis has said that his relationship with Ayrton Senna was so close it bordered on love.

The McLaren boss is often portrayed as one of the most coldly calculating and hard-hearted people in the paddock but Dennis says his relationship with Senna went way beyond a professional alliance.

He said: "The best driver I ever worked with was Ayrton, not because of his performance on the circuit so much as his sincerity and his friendship. Because it was not an artificial warmth - I shared his pain as well as his pleasure and that's a privileged position to be in.

"You never forget the very small, magic moments, when the words and the emotion were really, really deep and sincere.

"It edged on almost a masculine love which was... special.

"I use the word quite deliberately because it's, I think, the right word to use. It didn't have any homosexuality about it, it wasn't that sort.

"It was two people who were incredibly passionate about what they were doing and from passion comes emotion. And if you have the same emotional gratification coming out of something that was being done well, then I think it's quite a fine line to actually.

"You can comfortably say a love of the sport, maybe people feel a little more uncomfortable with saying mutual love of the sport - and yet it even went a bit further because there was tremendous trust."

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/13252

Foxbat
10-24-2002, 04:13 AM
I can see the headlines now,

Ron Dennis : Secret infatuation with Senna

RacingManiac
10-24-2002, 07:13 AM
It was something like "my Masculine Love with Senna...."

Arcanjo
10-24-2002, 07:30 AM
You guys should realise that Ron's statements actually mean very much. I mean, Ron is putting Senna above terrific and unique drivers like Hakkinen, Prost, Lauda...

I'm glad Ron actually said that, because there's one thing we would never, never get know if we only looked at the statistics, which is what many people only seem to do.

LotusGT1
10-24-2002, 07:42 AM
Ron is full of shit 99% of the time. I almost think this is one of his personal PR-stunts or something....

And Senna is acknowledged by the whole world...

Arcanjo
10-24-2002, 08:15 AM
I don't think this is any PR bla-bla-bla, I mean, he can talk BS about lots of things, but he wouldn't do it with Senna. And Ron's opinions are much more valid than any opinion any mere F1 fan will have. If he says Senna is better than Prost, Hakkinen, Lauda, and so on, you better beleive it, because he knows more about F1 than anyone of us will ever imagine.

LotusGT1
10-24-2002, 08:26 AM
I'm not disputing his opinion about Senna (read better), but he is known for talking BS on many occassions, not to mention the arrogance he can't back up....

Arcanjo
10-24-2002, 08:44 AM
I know.
I'm just taking the oportunity to do some good talking about Senna.

LotusGT1
10-24-2002, 08:53 AM
http://www.exoticcarforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4215

Eat your heart out..

M3man
10-24-2002, 04:44 PM
i wonder if they checked each others fluids...

oh it's not about that :).

McLarenFan
10-24-2002, 09:12 PM
Shocking Horror: RON DENNIS GAY??!!! shocking revalation of his secret "masculine love" to the late car racing legend Aryton Senna.

thats how the Daily Mirror headline would've read.... heh

McLarenFan
10-24-2002, 09:13 PM
btw arcanjo the avatar should belong to me... and for a guy your age, you should stop playing with robotech dont you think?